No doubt, MoxieLash Magnetic Eyeliner and lashes are the easiest and most efficient way to get the obsession-worthy, wispy lash look you're seeing influencers flaunt all over your Instagram feed. And let's be real—who wouldn't want falsies that apply in three minutes and mimic the look of lash extensions? That's the thing about our false eyelashes—they're a total time saver and save you from having to sit for a two-hour lash fill (no thank you).
But, while we could talk for days about our magnetic lash styles and how easy they are to apply, we want to answer your biggest question: Is magnetic eyeliner safe to use around your eyes? Find out what we have to say about the ingredients, safety standards, and more, below.
What are the MoxieLash eyeliner ingredients?
Like everything we do, we are intentional with the ingredients we put in our magnetic eyeliner. Both our liquid, gel, and colored liner ingredients check out on the EWG site with safety ratings of under two. Our top two ingredients in the liquid magnetic eyeliner are castor and olive oil; both help condition your lashes and skin. However, what allows the liner to magnetize to the lashes is the small amount of iron oxide included in our unique formula.
Iron oxide is a naturally occurring mineral known to be safe and even non-toxic on the skin's surface. It's in many other makeup ingredients like eyeshadow, mineral makeup, lipsticks, blushes, and more. It's resistant to moisture, so it doesn't bleed, and it's perfect for attracting to magnetic lashes.
According to cosmeticinfo.org, "The levels of heavy metals in Iron Oxides are regulated by the FDA, and the small amounts that may eventually be in cosmetic or personal care products do not pose a risk to human health."
Black Liquid Magnetic Eyeliner ingredient list and EWG safety ratings:
Castor Oil: 2
Olive Oil: 1
Euphorbia Cerifera (candelilla wax): 1
Cera Microcristallina: 1
Methly Hydrogenated Rosinate: 1
Polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate: 1
Iron oxides: 2
Is magnetic eyeliner safe for contact wearers?
The short answer appears to be yes! There are many contact lens wearers who simultaneous wear magnetic eyeliner and lashes without any problem. With that said, if you are wondering if it is safe for your eyes, your contacts, or have any other concerns, make sure to talk with your doctor to be sure. If you have an adverse reaction in any way, make sure to seek a health professional's advice.
Is magnetic eyeliner safe during pregnancy?
While we've had plenty of magnetic eyeliner and lash wearers who are also pregnant, you should always check with your doctor. The good news is, all of the individual ingredients lean towards a safe and non-irritating application. However, if you experience any irritation or complications, you should contact your health professional right away.
Magnetic Eyeliner Safety Tips
We're breaking down some magnetic eyeliner safety tips and so that you can get the most out of your easy-on lash application.
- Wash your hands before applying anything around your eyes.
- Always apply your eyeliner in a safe environment. Do not apply anything near your eyes while in a moving vehicle.
- It's best not to share your magnetic eyeliner (or anything else that's for around the eye area).
- Don't store your liner in any heated environment.
- Keep your liquid magnetic liner closed in between each use.
- Do not use your magnetic eyeliner if you have any type of eye infection.
- If your eye becomes irritated, stop using the magnetic liner.
How to apply magnetic eyeliner safely to your eyes?
It's essential to be careful any time you have anything around your eye area. Here are some easy tips and tricks on how to apply magnetic eyeliner to get a gorgeous liner look, all while keeping your safety in mind. To start though, we recommend getting yourself a stunning MoxieLash mirror. It's not only cute, but it really helps get your application angle correct.
- Dip your magnetic eyeliner into the bottle and wipe off any excess. A little goes a very long way with all of our magnetic eyeliner formulas.
- Hold your mirror under your chin so that you are looking down at a 90-degree angle. This trick will give you complete view-ability of your lash line so that you can nail your application with safety.
- Start at the inside corner of your lash liner first, then slowly and gently glide along until you get to the outside corner.
- You want to make sure that you are as close to your lash line as possible when applying while being intentional about not accidentally getting it into your eyes.
- Once you've applied your liner, let it dry for three minutes or until it is no longer tacky. You can use a second layer if you'd like, or move along to your lash application.
- Applying MoxieLash Magnetic Lashes is the easiest way to get Instagram worthy lashes in just minutes. Choose your perfect magnetic lash, then place it next to your lash line and above your liner. Your lash will instantly attract into place without any drama.
If you want to find a lash style that fits your mood and personality, check out the MoxieLash collection of stunning lashes and kits here.
What if magnetic eyeliner gets in your eyes?
While MoxieLash Magnetic Eyeliner is easy to apply, it's still a liquid or gel liner. There is always a chance of getting anything you put around the eye area in your eyes. This can happen to anyone! If you happen to get any magnetic eyeliner inside of your eyes, splash them with water until it's gone. If you have any irritation that causes concern, contact your doctor.
Magnetic eyeliner safety vs. glue on lash adhesive
Glue on lashes used to be the only way to get seriously glam eyes. Thankfully, though, we have evolved since then with more options. Lash glue has been noted to be extremely hard to apply and irritating to eyes and eyelids due to the formula. Contact dermatitis has been a real issue with glue on lash adhesive, especially for lash extensions.
Now, with magnetic eyeliner—we've noticed consumers not only appreciate the ease of use but the intentional ingredients as well. It's exciting to have another way to get the look of lash extensions without the possibility of a chemical burn reaction or allergy to glue or lash adhesive.
How to get magnetic eyeliner off?
MoxieLash has an extremely use-to-use solution for removing magnetic eyeliner. Our All-In-1 Makeup Remover is infused with hyaluronic acid and castor oil for almost instant liner removal. Just dip a cotton swab into the remover and glide it along your lash line. You'll notice how quickly your magnetic eyeliner comes off!
Step 1: Dip cotton swab into All-In-1 Makeup Remover
Step 2: Swipe the soaked cotton swab along the lash line.
Step 3: Use the other end of the cotton swab to clean up any leftover magnetic eyeliner residue.
Note: You can also use this makeup remover to take off magnetic eyeliner build up on your magnetic eyelash magnets.
If you have any questions about MoxieLash Magnetic Eyeliner, reach out to us at email@example.com. We would love to hear from you and help you out with any lash or liner information you need.