Check out our Original Moxie Taco recipe! Featuring steak, a customized pink sour cream, and habanero sauce, accessorized with fresh avocado, purple onion, and a blend of cilantro, diced onions, tomatoes, and jalapeno peppers. Is your mouth watering yet? It's Cinco de Mayo, and we wanted to celebrate with our own fancy, gourmet taco's that are both pretty to look at, and delicious to taste and devour. Below you'll find an easy recipe that you can create at home!
At MoxieLash, we don't do anything boring. Please note the pink plate, pink/peach margarita in our signature colors, and of course...the pink sour cream that was obviously essential for a pretty taco. The only thing missing at this point is edible glitter. Maybe next time.
So, send out the evites to your friends for a virtual taco night (still social distancing), throw on some party music, definitely add your best Cinco de Mayo MoxieLashes, and let's get to cooking! Below you will find a full step-by-step breakdown of everything you need to master these pretty and delicious Moxie Tacos.
Before we begin, if you are vegan or vegetarian, you can always customize the Moxie Taco to fit your needs. We suggest a firm tofu, or other animal-free, steak-substitutes.
For the Steak:
1. Lay down your flour and corn taco onto the center of a plate.
2. Add a handful of steak to the center.
3. Place a dollop of pink sour cream onto the center of the Moxie Taco.
4. Now you can sprinkle on your fresh Pico de Gallo.
5. Next, lay down a few slices of avocado and purple onion over the Pico de Gallo.
6. And then, you can crumble Cotija Cheese over that.
7. For another dose of "pretty" and spice, gently drizzle on Yellowbird Habanero Sauce (or something similar).
8. Garnish with a little fresh cilantro.
We hope you enjoyed our Original Moxie Taco recipe! Bookmark it or share it with a friend, and let us know how you like it!
Looking for some lashes? You can shop our entire collection of magnetic lashes right HERE!