As temps are heating up, the “less is more” approach to makeup routines is coming in hot! Editing down your cosmetic bag to only the waterproof, bronzy, and longwear essentials is trending for summer 2022 (and for good reason). Now you can master that glowy, summertime-fine look every day. But of course, we believe how you choose to wear your makeup is something personal and unique to you. So, if a light summer look isn’t your thing, find what fits, and slay all summer long with confidence. The truth is, we’ll be right there with you wearing our weatherproof Magnetic Lashes and channeling all kinds of vacation-esque-vibes—from the pool to the grocery store!
SUMMER MAKEUP BAG MUST-HAVES
Check out what our beauty expert, Bianca Alcazar, has in her summer makeup bag. Here’s her list of the top 8 essentials that she says are 1000% MOXIELASH approved.
1. Primer: “To add hydration and to prep my skin, I always use the M.A.C Prep + Prime Fix. With just a few spritz of this magic formula to my face, my makeup lasts longer and my skin stays hydrated.”
2. Tinted Moisturizer with SPF: “Using an SPF is essential to keep your skin protected from sun damage. To keep my routine simple, I use a tinted moisturizer that gives me both the protection I need and a bit of color. I am obsessed with ILIA Super Serum Tint SPF 40.”
3. Cream Blush: “I just add a touch of MAC Glow Play Cream Blush in Cheer Up for that healthy, glow-from-within, look. It stays all day and gives your skin a beautiful flush.”
4. Bronzer: “During the summer, it’s all about being a minimalist for my makeup routine. I sweep the Benefit Hoola Bronzer into the contour of my eye and where the sun naturally hits on my face. It’s a quick way to look like I’ve been in the sun, but without the sun damage.”
5. Lip Tint: “I swear by BUXOM Power-Full Plump Lip Balm in the color Dolly Fever. It stays on all day and keeps my lips looking fierce.”
6. Brows: “My one and only product is the ICONIC London Sculpt & Boost Eyebrow Cushion in the color Fair. It’s waterproof, and once you put it on, it just sets and you have brows all-day-long baby!”
7. Lashes: “From our weatherproof Bionic Silk Magnetic Lash collection, I always like to use the Plushy Lash along with my favorite waterproof Magnetic Eyeliner—both from MOXIELASH. It gives my eyes that summertime flutter, and I don’t have to worry about the heat, wind, or weather in general, causing them to lift and lose curl. There’s nothing else on the market in lash-form that’s as durable as these.
8. Blotting Paper: This is a no-brainer. The Shiseido Oil-Control Blotting Paper is a quick way to reduce any unwanted shine on-the-go.”