Did you know that magnetic eyelashes look even better on naturally healthy, long lashes? That's why here atMoxieLash, we're throwing out lash health tips!
There are seemingly innocent things that we all do from time to time, from roughly removing makeup to rubbing our eyes, that are actually way damaging to our lashes. Check out our tips to help get the most luscious lashes possible, so that your magnetic falsies will look evenmore amazing on top of your natural lashes!
1. Choose A Better Face Wash
The key to beautiful, healthy lashes actually starts with your skin routine. If you want luscious lashes, you need to clean your skin (and lashes) with the best products possible. Makeup can get stuck on your lashes, and anyone who’s woken up with clumpy, sticky lashes after a late night out dancing knows just how much this stinks.
Your lashes need just as much TLC as your skin! Leaving mascara on overnight, even if it’s just a little bit, strips the natural oils from your lashes, making them fragile, brittle, and prone to falling out. (Of course, a good way to prevent this is just by wearing MoxieLash magnetic lashes to start with). A good face wash is the first step in removing all that stubborn makeup and leftover gunk from your lashes.
- Say No To Artificial Additives - Make sure yourface wash is helping and not hurting by checking the ingredients. Like anything to do with skin and hair health, you want minimal artificial additives.
- Say Yes To Moisturizing Ingredients - When it comes to what you DO want in your face wash, look for moisturizing additives. Ingredients like castor oil and hydraulic acid are great for eyelash growth. This will leave themlooking glossy and thick, and it’ll moisturize your skin, too, giving you the maximum glow.
2. Use The Right Tools
Rushing through your nightly skin routine can harm your gorgeous natural lashes and prevent eyelash growth. Even though you can always pop on a pair of our magnetic lashes, don’t you want them to blend with what you already have for the most fab look?
If your eyelashes are not washed gently and efficiently, it won’t matter what fancy face wash you splurged on. Your lashes will be left just as dry as before, and don’t you want the most moisturized base for your glamSexy lashes?
Using a clean spoolie brush on your lashes is just as important as your face washes and moisturizers. When you use a brush to go over your lashes gently after cleansing, you get every last bit of makeup off there.
You should also totally be conditioning your lashes! You can buy products specially formulated for this or apply certain oils yourself (take a peek below for more deets). Either way, using a mascara-like applicator will ensure that you’re covering every inch of your luscious lashes without pulling or tugging. That way, when you apply your falsies, your natural lashes will blend right in for a lush, gorgeous look.
3. Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize
The key to long, healthy lashes is moisturization. Just like your skin and hair, your lashes need to be moisturized to avoid breakage caused by the dry brittleness that mascara can lead to.
Use These Ultra Moisturizers:
- Castor oil: A great product to add to your nightly lash care routine. It’s extremely moisturizing and promotes the look of fuller and glossier lashes.
- Hyaluronic acid: Naturally produced by your body to retain water to keep tissues well lubricated and moist. Adding a hyaluronic serum can help keep your lashes moisturized and glossy, just the way you like them.
- Moroccan argan oil: All the essential vitamins needed for the promotion of hair growth show up in Moroccan argan oil. This bad boy is rich in vitamin A, Vitamin E, and Tocopherol, making it a go-to for your nightly routine.
- Lavender oil: Extracted from lavender flowers, rich in linalool, which calms stress and soothes the skin. Besides soothing itchy eyes, this ingredient can help you catch some more Zs.
- Almond oil: Another great option if you’re looking to strengthen your lashes. Packed with vitamin E, calcium, and magnesium, you should expect to see results within 6-8 weeks from your first application.
4. Be Careful Removing Mascara
One of the main causes of eyelash damage is wearing drying mascara and themascara removal process.
When you sleep with mascara on, those artificial chemicals are sitting on your eyelashes for the entire night, drying them out, and causing breakage. Not to mention that leaving mascara on overnight can cause irritation and even infection, and also, it just feels plain gross. What we’re saying is that sleeping with your makeup on is basically a sin.
Not only is removing your mascara key, but the way it is removed is just as important! The most important thing to remember is to be gentle.
Pro tip - Mascara issuper taxing on your lashes.Magnetic falsies are a better idea because they don’t use glue, so there are fewer artificial substances touching your precious lashes. Plus, they’re super easy to apply and remove, so you don’t even have to bother with that chemical-laden mascara.
5. Avoid These Bad Habits
Even if you condition your lashes every single day, you won’t see any results if you’re still doing things that cause damage to your lashes. Here are some things that you probably do that aredamaging to your lashes:
Curling your lashes- When you curl your lashes after applying mascara, it causes stress to the hair follicle, which can stunt growth.
Rubbing your eyes - Yes, something as simple as rubbing your eyes can cause damage to your lashes. Next time you are itching for that ever-so-satisfying feeling, sit on your hands, and think about how great your eyes will look with long lashes accompanied with a chic accent lash!
Check your expiration dates- It’s a good idea to go through your makeup bag every six months or so to double-check that all your makeup is up to date. Expired makeup, and especially mascara, harbors bacteria that can seriously mess with your eyes.
Ripping off falsies- It’s so satisfying to tear off your falsies after a long night, but harsh tugging can also end with your tugging out your natural lashes.
Luckily, there are false eyelashes that offer an easy removal process that does not involve tearing or ripping. You don’t need to use eyelash glue with MoxieLashmagnetic lashes and you don’t need to worry about adding mascara, so this is basically the perfect option.
6. Ask A Professional
Have you tried it all but still can’t seem to get those long luscious lashes you have always wanted? After trying all these tips with no results, consider contacting a professional. Your dermatologist can offer personalized guidance on the best options based on your hair follicles and hair growth rate.
7. Try a Growth Serum
Growth serums can be a great way to promote eyelash growth. They help to stimulate lash growth, and the application process is basically like putting on eyeliner. Some are even dermatologist recommended, so these might be your new best friend when it comes to promoting eyelash growth.
However, the ingredients in lash serums can be damaging to the eyes, so be mindful of allergies, especially if you have sensitive eyes or skin.
Save More Time With Magnetic Lashes
Ok, we’ll level with you. Even with the best care, your lashes aren’t going to grow overnight. And sometimes, you need some extra glamour in your look.
We get it. That’s why MoxieLashmagnetic lashes are the best option. Our magnetic liner makes applying and removing these lashes incredibly easy, and best of all, they’re not going to hurt the natural lashes that you’re working so hard to protect.
You’re on your way to lovely, healthy lashes! Just follow our tips and give your lashes an extra change to heal and grow by adding a pair of MoxieLash magnetic lashes to your regular beauty routine.